mardi 28 juin 2016

Traffic Lane Violations: Fighting a Ticket for Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road, VC 21650

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was cited for traffic code 21650 violation - Driving on the wrong side
I seek your advice as to how much merit my case has and how I should fight the case- In person or by written trial

Here is description of the event-
It was about 7:30 PM in May and I was driving on a surface street and there was very less traffic on either sides.
As I was driving I noticed that ahead of me my side of the street was blocked by a police car with flashing lights.
There was no traffic coming from the other side. There was no cop to guide the traffic. But I saw a cop standing in the middle of the other side of the street.
I did not know where I was supposed to go. I slowed to down to 5 miles per hour and went close to the cop to ask for direction as where I was supposed to go. As soon as the cop saw me he said " you are on the wrong side of the street and I will have to site you a ticket".
He was not in the mood to listen to anything I would say. I was pulled over and cited a ticket.


After a few minutes of being pulled over and while i was waiting in my car- I noticed that there were some cars driving on the same side as I was and did exactly what I did - slowed down and try to come to the cop to ask where should they go thinking that the traffic was being diverted.
The cop did not give ticket to any of those drivers and let them go with a warning.

I noticed that the reason there was no oncoming traffic was that at say 100 feet distance from where the cop was standing the other side of the street was also blocked.
I then noticed that there might have been an accident before at the location and cops where there to investigate.


Now as per the code 21650 (F)-
21650. Upon all highways, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right
half of the roadway, except as follows:
(F) When the vehicle is necessarily traveling so slowly as to
impede the normal movement of traffic, that portion of the highway
adjacent to the right edge of the roadway may be utilized temporarily
when in a condition permitting safe operation.

Can I use this part of the code in my defense? I want to give a fight to this ticket. I am also open to arguing in person before the judge or to a written trial.

This is my first ever ticket in 13 years of driving in the USA and I really don't think I made any mistake in this case. I did not put anyone's life in danger; I was driving at 5 miles per hours and my intention was only to ask the cop where I am supposed to go.

Please advice.


Traffic Lane Violations: Fighting a Ticket for Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road, VC 21650

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire