lundi 27 juin 2016

Relocation: I Have Sole Physical and Legal Custody and I Want to Move Out of State

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California
I have sole physical and legal custody of two of my children. The other parent has supervised visits but they have not used them for about four years( they only used them twice) and I have not seen or spoken to them in years. I don't know their where-abouts. The last time I moved to a different city and county I simply notified the DA's office and they kept my address with a legal document I had filed. This is because of a past Domestic Violence case where I was assaulted in front of the kids during a visitation in my home. The O.P. was charged and convicted of misdemeanor D.V.

With this bit of information would you say I have a reasonable chance to move out of state? I was told by the DA's office (Abduction Unit) that I would have to notify the courts directly because I wanted to move out of state.

My third child I have only 50% custody of. However, the O.P. left the end of last year and will not tell anyone where. We have only had brief email conversations but they will not talk to me because I refused to sign a ridiculous letter they wrote threatening Child Supportive Services to prevent collection of the $30,000 they owe in back pay. Eventually I would like to move this child out of state with me too but the child assaulted their youngest sibling shortly after they were in my full time custody so the child is facing a felony. Me and the attorney are working to get this child in patient treatment due to the abuse suffered at the other parents home.

Do you think that I will be able to legally re-unite my kids with me out of state? I have a good opportunity elsewhere and I want to give us all a fresh start and give them a good chance at getting a better education.


Relocation: I Have Sole Physical and Legal Custody and I Want to Move Out of State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire