mardi 28 juin 2016

Life Estates: Can a Life Estate Be Voided if There is No House

My question involves real estate located in the State of: North Carolina

My husband and I jointly own a property giving his brother and his wife a life estate on the deed.

There is no longer a house on this property as it burned down, with no insurance of course.

His brother has already passed on to the Lord and his brother's wife is confined to a nursing home with no hope of leaving. they don't even get her out of bed anymore.

i don't believe she has the mental capacity to voluntarily give up her right to the property.

I have someone who would like to buy the property and I need to sell it because my husband is currently in a nursing facility due to Alzheimer's disease.

i have sent the NC lawyer a note but haven't heard back from him.

So my questions are..
1. Can the life estate be voided?
2. Will my Ohio POA work in NC.


Life Estates: Can a Life Estate Be Voided if There is No House

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire