jeudi 30 juin 2016

Issues After Citizenship: Will U.S. Citizenship Be Removed/Cancel if I Become a Politician in Another Country

Dear Members,

Have a question that can not find an answer online or USCIS in regards to my US citizenship. I am dual US citizen and Eastern European country. I became US citizen in 2014.

I have recently moved back to my second home country where I also hold a passport/citizenship since birth and planning to run for Parliamentary elections in 2017 (already politically active) as an independent candidate (pro-US/Pro-EU/Pro-NATO political orientation - anti-Russian political movement). So far my chances seem fair and I believe I might actually win a seat in the national parliament.

My question is - in case I will become a member of parliament (similar as US house of representatives) and take an oath to serve the country and people, will the Dept of Homeland Security cancel my US citizenship automatically? Or can I still remain a US citizen?

This is very important to me as I own a house in NY and I do plan in future to return back and continue my career in academia/education as a professor.

Very grateful for any replies.


Issues After Citizenship: Will U.S. Citizenship Be Removed/Cancel if I Become a Politician in Another Country

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire