mardi 28 juin 2016

Calculation of Support: Asking for Child Support Reduction

I live in Mass and my ex and kids (2) moved/live in Texas (for the last year). I agreed through court to let them move after two years of preventing them. My original child support was $1600 a month. When they moved I got it reduced to $1400 a month.

I recently got married and am expecting a child in 6 weeks. I will be struggling financially and am looking to get child support reduced.

My question is what state do I file for reduction. The original order was through Mass but now that they are in Texas I would assume Texas laws would be their jurisdiction. I prefer this because the cost of living is much less in Texas and so is the child support. My regular child support should be aprox $1100 a month according to Tx guideline sheet. This would be harder for me to do this obviously because I live in Mass.

My other question is: Do I have to file for reduction through Mass because that is where the original order was from?

Does any one have recommendation on how to go about doing this? I do not have much money to drop thousands on a lawyer.

Please do not bash me for wanting a reduction. I live paycheck to paycheck and rent a 1200 sqft house while my ex and her hubby have a household income over double of mine. They are building a 4200sqft house in a affluent neighborhood. I know that does not matter but I would like a little better lifestyle. Mostly for my new daughter that is coming into the world shortly.

Lastly, I'm hoping this is all for information only. I'm going to talk to her and see if we can come to an agreement without court. We did this though out our divorce without issue and without any lawyers. I just want to know my rights before the conversation.

L.G.


Calculation of Support: Asking for Child Support Reduction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire