lundi 27 juin 2016

Traffic Lane Violations: Changing Lanes in an Intersection to Make a Turn, VC 21461(A)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

On my commute home from work, I drive west on W Moffett Park Drive and turn left on Mathilda to eventually turn left again to merge onto CA-237 East. There are two left turn lanes on W Moffett Park and I am in the leftmost lane. I go to make my left turn, but since this lane is clogged up, I change lanes in the middle of the intersection. I proceed down Mathilda and then cut in front of the first guy to turn left onto CA-237. A couple seconds later the light turns green. Moments later, all I see in the back and hear is "woop woop," blue lights right behind me. Why did I cut in front of the line?

I know from both my own and my coworkers' experience, that if this lane is clogged up, it can only mean one thing; it is because the first car turning left onto CA-237 isn't "triggering" the light. In other words, the front car is too far back for the light to ever turn green. You have to do a quarter curl around the middle divider to basically tell the left turn light that "hey I am here please make sure to turn green once our turn comes".

I tell the officer all of this and he tells me that I should have went straight and U-turn at the next light. Well, the next light is clogged up as well so I would have to go down another light to hopefully be able to make that U-turn.

I thought I was helping the situation by cutting in front, but now I know that this is definitely not the play.

Thank you for reading!


Traffic Lane Violations: Changing Lanes in an Intersection to Make a Turn, VC 21461(A)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire