jeudi 30 juin 2016

Civil Rights Restoration: Restoring Second Amendment Rights-Not Resinding in State of Conviction

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Colorado/Illinois

I plead guilty to a Class 5 felony possession of a schedule II controlled substance in Colorado back in 2002. I have since cleaned up my act, started a family, and the only other contact I've had with law enforcement was a DWAI in 2005.
I live in Illinois now and would like to get my CCW however I'm a little confused about the laws. I've read that Colorado automatically restores your civil rights 10 years after completion of your sentence, with a few provisions. I don't know if this is accurate and if it is, does Illinois accept this?
I thought about just filling out the FOID application but I hesitate at that little box every time not knowing if I should check "yes" or "no".
Any advice would be appreciated.


Civil Rights Restoration: Restoring Second Amendment Rights-Not Resinding in State of Conviction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire