mercredi 29 juin 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Regret and Paranoia

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

I admit it. I've stolen quite a few times. Today when I went into a store, I brought a bag in to return. Before returning the bag, I went through the store and they had the same exact bag. I put their bag in a shopping bag, just like the one I was returning was in.L amd placed it in the bottom of the cart next to the one I was returning. I went to the register and returned the bag I had previously purchased, with their same exact bag still in the bottom of my cart. Once the return was completed, I walked out of the store with their bag in the bottom of the shopping cart and put it in my car. I came back in and shopped for a while, then made other returns and purchases. While shopping, I switched tags on a nightstand. I had previously purchased a blanket but brought the bag it came in with me and put a loose blanket in the bag. While checking out for the second time, I did returns first, including this blanket. The lady checking me out was a manager. She told me that in the future, I could leave returns at the front and be given a ticket. I told her I didn't realize, and she explained how people walk into the store and return things. I've done this. She fixed the price on the nightstand and I ended up not purchasing it. Now I'm super paranoid that they will look at video survellience and then call the cops and have me arrested. The bag was around $300. Is this possible for them to do? I want to go back to the store and explain that I had looked for a dupliacte of the bag, put the shopping bag around theirs so it wouldn't scratch the leather, and wasn't thinking about what I was doing and meant to exhange it for the one I returned to them and bring it back to purchase. Or should I just go to the store and return it? I think I have a problem and realize the severity. I have already contacted my doctor to request seeing a therapist for this problem. What should I do? Can they catch me from me making the purchases and returns with my credit card?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Regret and Paranoia

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire