mardi 28 juin 2016

Denial of Access: Can Boyfriend Legally Throw Me Out of His Apartment and Take My Keys

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Ohio

Every time my boyfriend gets annoyed or angry with me, he kicks me out of “his” apartment and takes away my set of keys.

We live in Ohio. His name was the only name on the lease agreement, though it expired a year ago. We haven’t signed any legal agreements with the landlord since then and have been paying rent on a monthly basis. I pay all our utilities and rent (and have documentation to prove it). I’ve lived there about two years and for the past year have had all my mail received at this address. Not sure if this is relevant or helps establish some sort of residency.

Can he legally kick me out and take my set of keys away? His logic is that if I don’t have keys then that means that I don’t live there. Not sure if it is that simple or if he is breaking any laws by not allowing me to enter the place where I currently live.


Denial of Access: Can Boyfriend Legally Throw Me Out of His Apartment and Take My Keys

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire