mercredi 29 juin 2016

Eviction Notices: Requesting That a Long-Term Tenant Vacate,

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: SC

I just purchased a property that includes a residence occupied by a long-term tenant. Initially, we were willing to allow the tenant to remain in place for 6 months to 1 year. This was purchased for the land, not as an income producing investment.

A recent conversation has brought to light that the home is in serious disrepair, and that the tenant expects it to be repaired and upgraded at our expense, while their rent remains constant. The rent is very low, and not consistent with comparable properties in the area.

I am not in a position to make these repairs immediately, and have no wish to retain the tenants. They have known for ~2 years that the property would be sold.

There is no written lease. They have occupied the property for 25-30 years, no-one seems to be quite sure. I was told they have been given funds for repairs in the past, but the repairs were not made.

I want them to leave. I have received differing advice as to how to accomplish that. They pay rent mid-month. One person said I should serve them with an eviction notice the day the rent is paid, stating how long they have (30 days or more) to vacate from that day. Another said to serve on the first of the month, but using the date of the rent being due as the beginning date of the of the 30 (or more) days.

I am not familiar with being a "landlord", so any advice/questions welcome. I tried the county website, but found nothing clearly stated.

Thanks!


Eviction Notices: Requesting That a Long-Term Tenant Vacate,

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire