jeudi 30 juin 2016

Out-of-State Marriage: Consequences to Claiming You're Single if You Married Abroad

My question involves marriage law for the State of: NJ

My husband and I registered our marriage almost 7 years ago in Taiwan (and both US citizens). We were (and still are) madly in love and it was a little bit of a rash/quick decision. Although young, we were legally able to do so there. In that time, we did not to disclose our marriage (aka filling out "single" on forms whenever it arose). However, now that we are about to have our actual ceremony here soon, we are faced with a two-part dilemma:
1. Do we need a US certificate of marriage? (scanning this forum, it seems like this answer is no)
2. Are there any consequences of us saying that we were single when, from a Taiwanese perspective, we were not?

I am potentially about to start a new job overseas in UK and I am wondering if I will have to provide documentation as a part of my job package. It would be best if I can use a recent US certificate.


Out-of-State Marriage: Consequences to Claiming You're Single if You Married Abroad

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire