jeudi 30 juin 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: Should You Seek Full Custody of a Child if Their Other Parent is Incarcerated

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Montana

So I just need advice.
I share 50/50 custody of my son with my ex husband. I am the primary custodian. I don't hate the man and we get along well. He made the poor choice of getting a felony DUI. In my state, that packs a sentence of 13 months to 5 years prison. Unfortunately, for many reasons, it was also an aggravated DUI. With that being said, I am trying to think ahead for what will need to be done, in the best interest of my child.

His father and I have always made decisions together, with me being the leader and final say, and I am aware that with communication and visits to the prison, this will still be able to be accomplished.

I guess, since I don't think things will change much and I don't plan on running off with my child while he is incarcerated, would there be any legal reason or benefit of amending the parenting plan, giving me full custody? I am also not looking to keep my son from him once he is released.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any advice/knowledge you are willing to share. =)


Custody and Visitation Issues: Should You Seek Full Custody of a Child if Their Other Parent is Incarcerated

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire