lundi 27 juin 2016

Hiring: Am I Forever Disqualified from Being a Police Officer with a Dismissed Felony Charge

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Virginia

In August 2013 I was charged with possession of controlled substance (Ritalin) and an arrest warrant came out for me a year and a half later dating back to the incident. I was placed on the VA 251 disposition program and I successfully completed the program having the charge dismissed. Even though this is great because I was never "convicted", however I can never become a police officer because the charge will forever remain on my record. I have a bachelors in criminal justice but I feel like even with that, I will always be rejected to any law enforcement agency I apply to. Also since VA 251 orders any defendant to plead guilty to the charge, many law enforcement agencies consider that in itself a "conviction." Would hiring a employment lawyer help me with my situation?


Hiring: Am I Forever Disqualified from Being a Police Officer with a Dismissed Felony Charge

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire