jeudi 30 juin 2016

Search and Seizure: Can the Police Get a Search Warrant Based on Hunch of a Family Member

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York

I am just asking this to find out how easy is it for police to get a search warrant.

lets say I lived in a state where Pot was legal. I told my some people in my family that I bought some while living there.


When living back in New York, assume a family member who doesn't live with me calls the police and says that "I am pretty sure he has Pot, based on the fact that he had Pot when he lived in another State, and they feel that I have brought it back home illegally and have it in my house".

Could the Police get a search warrant based on information like this?

Lets say that they add to police that one time they questioned me about it and I didn't deny it and seemed suspicious. Could this be enough for the Police to search my house?

The family member never saw the Pot or smelled anything, only information is that they knew I had it where it was legal.

Thank you


Search and Seizure: Can the Police Get a Search Warrant Based on Hunch of a Family Member

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire