lundi 27 juin 2016

Legal Malpractice: Can an Attorney Repeatedly Lay Off Legal Staff So That They May Charge Their Rate

My question involves malpractice in the state of: California
I hired a lawyer for Family Court because I personally knew his legal secretary and paralegal. I grew up with them and I trusted their opinion. I was told by my attorney, per conversation on the phone he charged me for, that he couldn't afford to pay them so he laid them off. Than he charged me $300 per hour( his rate of pay) to make copies and file. I later talked to them and they said he rehired them. He than laid them off again a month later. He sent me my bill that was way over the retainer. He only appeared in court once and he acted like a fool getting into an immature verbal argument with the defendant in front of court staff.

Can he do that? That is lay off employees so that he can charge me more? Seems highly suspect to me?


Legal Malpractice: Can an Attorney Repeatedly Lay Off Legal Staff So That They May Charge Their Rate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire