mercredi 29 juin 2016

Traffic Accidents: Should You Settle or Arbitrate a Personal Injury Claim

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

I got in an accident 11 months ago. I will give you the facts of the accident.


Damage to my car was $7k
Damage to his car was minimal
His insurance accepted full liability
His insurance max was 12k
We are using my UMI for the remaining 88k
I have had 2/3 epidurals (3 were recommend by 3 different doctors after seeing my scans) 3rd is scheduled for 3 weeks from now
Medicals are currently 55k
My UMI inital offer was extremely low so we demanded arbitration
They came back with a best and final at 60k (total)
Scans showed a 3mm disk bulge in spine

Time is not an issue for me. Im sure we can negotiate down my Medicals, however I think with the facts I will be awarded significantly more in arbitration.

Should I take the settlement or arbitrate?
What would be a acceptable offer to accept considering the facts?

I am well aware of the costs involved with arbitration (experts etc.)


Traffic Accidents: Should You Settle or Arbitrate a Personal Injury Claim

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire