lundi 27 juin 2016

Property Rights: Money to Put Down on Property 'Gift' to Spouse but Both Names on Deed. Do We Both 'Ow

My question involves marriage law for the State of: Colorado
Hi,
My wife and I are under contract on a house in Colorado but as we recently emigrated to the US and I technically have no credit score I am unable to get a mortgage.

She is a US citizen and as we have been married for under 2 years I am on a spouse 'CR1' visa.

I bought a property in my home country prior to the marriage (in my name). I sold the property and I have put solely 100% of the 'money down'. Both our names are on the 'deed' and 'title' but I have to 'gift' the money to my spouse.

I love my wife but obviously in today's age it would be extremely naive for me not to understand where we stand legally. Is the property included in 'marital property' because we are both on the 'deed' or because I have 'gifted' the money it is out of 'marital property'?

I want us both to have an equal share in our assets. If it is out of 'marital property' would the best course of action be to 're-finance' when I have a credit score?

Thank you for any help.


Property Rights: Money to Put Down on Property 'Gift' to Spouse but Both Names on Deed. Do We Both 'Ow

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire