mercredi 29 juin 2016

Mental Health: Do I Have the Right to Disagree with a Mental Health Diagnosis

I was diagnosed with a mental disease in 2013. It is a severe mental disease and I can claim that the situation wasn't that horrible. I cannot say that everything was fine since I had to talk to psychiatrists but what I feel is that they 'overrated' my mental health condition. What I mean is that it wasn't that 'bad' and 'catastrophic'.

I am asking because I tried to disagree once, my parents talked to my psychiatrist. I want to clarify that she didn't diagnose me, she was the one who sent me to a mental hospital where this happened. She said that it couldn't be removed and if we want to talk about it again, there is no point.

Do I have the right to disagree with all of this? It is in my medical record and wherever I go, they find out about it which is so embarrassing to me. Is there anything that I can do?


Mental Health: Do I Have the Right to Disagree with a Mental Health Diagnosis

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire