jeudi 31 mars 2016

Expungement and Sealing: Criminal History on a Rental Agreement

My question involves criminal records for the state of: California

My girlfriend and I are filling out applications for a new apartment and one of the questions asks "Have you ever been convicted of a crime?"

I am a little unsure what to put because I have been convicted of two in the past 10+ years, but both were non felonies and both have since been dismissed. About 6 months ago when I applied to my job they asked a similar question and I knew one of them was dismissed, but one of them was not. I listed one of them and explained the situation and I got hired. When I got my background check results back, indeed the one that had been dismissed did not show up, and the one that I listed in fact did.

Since then, I have gotten the one that showed up also dismissed through the courts so since they have both been dismissed do I still have to list them on my rental application?


Expungement and Sealing: Criminal History on a Rental Agreement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire