mardi 29 mars 2016

Registering a Vehicle: Registration Advice for Registering Florida Vehicle: Co-Owner Can Not Be Reached

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Florida

I have a 2007 Ford Ranger currently registered in the state of California. I have recently moved to Florida and have been attempting to register the vehicle as my CA registration will be expiring soon. When I purchased the vehicle in 2007, I had a co-signer who was an ex-girlfriend (yes, I know). Long story short we broke up shortly after the vehicle purchase and have not spoken since. I made each payment on the vehicle and eventually satisfied the loan with Wells Fargo who then sent ME the title of ownership. I thought I could just take said title to the title agency and transfer the title from CA to FL to register the vehicle but unfortunately the title lists us both as owners and my ex needs to be present. The title office gave me a form to send to her to get a copy of her license and essentially a "power of attorney" form to approve the title transfer. I have done this 3 times with each letter coming back "wrong address" "return to sender". I have exhausted my search efforts as an individual to try to track her down, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Yellow Pages, Google, etc. and am now hitting a serious bureaucratic brick wall. I would really hate to spend a big chunk of money to hire an attorney to establish proven correspondence having already paid close to $21,000 to own the vehicle. Bottom line: I cannot register this vehicle without her approval but I have absolutely no way of reaching her. Any thoughts, suggestions, or advice would be most welcome, thank you.


Registering a Vehicle: Registration Advice for Registering Florida Vehicle: Co-Owner Can Not Be Reached

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire