jeudi 31 mars 2016

Speeding Tickets: First Offense - Contesting Options

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA (Seatac)

9pm, exiting off of the 509 freeway (not an "exit" apparently the END), heading East on 188th, an officer ticketed me for speeding.
He first told me that the radar got me "going higher" but that he would reduce how fast I was going, so I was "under 15mph" over, and could apply for a deferral.
I explained that I was unaware of the change off the freeway, that I didn't see any signs and he said that he was WELL aware, that's why they have that patrol there, because it is a problem the city is working on.

My concerns are these:
1) TICKET INCORRECT :citation states I was going 49 in a 35. Posted speed (upon returning to the area in daylight) is 40.
2) The end of the freeway is not an "exit" does not have any signage that would have you reduce your speed. It is also NOT abundantly clear that you are even exiting the highway, more that your connecting to another -so it appears the speed limit would REMAIN the same as the freeway.
(There are speed limit signs posted on 188th, but not for a while after "exiting" the highway)
3) you end up on a street behind the airport that in it's appearance at least, LOOKS like a highway.


So my question is simple: Is there ANY way to get it outright dismissed?
I do realize that I can get a deferral, but I'd rather not if possible.

If contesting it (and winning) would be an option, on what grounds would I fight it?

Thank you! This actually is my first time EVER being pulled over for speeding (36) and would LOVE it to simply go away!


Speeding Tickets: First Offense - Contesting Options

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire