mercredi 30 mars 2016

Service and Repair: Jeep in for Paint Job July 2015, Still No Jeep Return

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: NJ
I brought my car to an auto Body Shop in July 2015 to be re-painted. It needed a lot of rust work as well. I gave shop half of deposit $1500 with balance due upon receipt. Since then he has been putting me off with various reasons ie: part not in, needs special paint etc.. Eventually he started saying his parents were sick so he didn't get to work on jeep to finish it. this dragged on until this month.

As of March 2016 he started telling me jeep was done but every time I make arrangements to pick up he has some medical crisis & can't meet me there.
I finally texted him that I was coming to shop tomorrow (March 31st) & if someone wasn't there to let me in, I was going to police dept & then lawyer. However from what I'm reading here on this forum, the police are not going to help me.

I haven't see my jeep since sometime in Nov. 2015 & it was apart in pieces supposedly getting ready to be painted. I took 2 pictures of it at the time.
I think the jeep is gone. What should be my next step?

I do not have any paperwork from him saying he was going to paint the jeep (my mistake) but I do have texts back & forth between us about the work & the pictures i took in November show that the pics were taken at the exact coordinates of his shop.

Do I have any recourse? My insurance policy clearly states that it does not cover any loss for cars given up voluntarily in a scam.
Thanks for any help & advice.


Service and Repair: Jeep in for Paint Job July 2015, Still No Jeep Return

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire