mardi 29 mars 2016

Bankruptcy Exemptions: Restitution vs Mortgage

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: IA


Hello,

About 10 years ago I was convicted of vandalizing a duplex willed to my mom but "expropriated" by my uncle by way of joint tenancy deed. I was ordered to make restitution for about $95,000. After completing a 8 month jail sentence the nice doctors in the jail (LA County) helped me get on SSI (the court has refused to budge on restitution so work seems pointless).

I have been off probation for about 5 years but the judgement is still there (I never paid any of it and have always fought my case). I recently purchased a farm house in Iowa (the house is fully mortgaged) but what would happen if someone tried to collect on the judgement? Would someone still be able to foreclose on my property even with a mortgage?


Bankruptcy Exemptions: Restitution vs Mortgage

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire