mardi 29 mars 2016

Service Providers: Oil Change Gone Bad

On March 12, 2016 around 2:30pm-4:30pm I had an oil change performed on my 2011 Chevy Camaro, at Valvoline Express.
Unfortunately the oil change was not preformed properly because the gasket and oil filter installed by Valvoline Express service men was not properly installed that resulted in the loss of at least 5 quarts of oil from a 6 quart engine on my Camaro.
This was discovered after the oil change at Valvoline on March 12, 2016 around 2:30pm-4:30pm. On March 12 around 5:30pm-6:30pm I pulled into the Firestone Autocare On my way to my destination the car began to run abnormal with a burning smell coming from the engine and it shut down. It was discovered by Firestone Servicemen that the oil was leaking from the oil filter (gasket not properly set) that had not been properly installed by Valvoline Servicemen earlier in the day
This caused severe damage to the engine of my vehicle after the loss of a majority of the oil from the engine. This was caused by the above actions of Valvoline Express.
On March 22, 2016 the engine on my 2011 Chevy Camaro, shut down and locked up while in the transit in the middle of traffic. My Camaro was towed to a certified Chevy auto dealership and auto shop. The comprehensive diagnostic tests that were performed on the engine (metal in engine) confirmed that this was a direct result of the above actions of Valvoline Express servicemen on March 12, 2016.
On March 26, 2016 around 10:00 am I made contact with 2 managers and advised them of the above and they advised that someone would call me on Monday March 28, 2016. The Service Manager came into the office but refused to speak to me. I left my contact information as the managers would not provide owner or district manager information. I provided them with the paperwork from both auto shops and There was a typo of miles on the paperwork from the firestone complete automate which can be corrected by the auto shop and testimony. The general manager told me not to contact him anymore to get an attorney. He did not have any intention of resolving the issue he was just going to find an excuse by the way they kept putting me off and not giving me inappropriate information to Managers ect. These bug dealership take advantage because they have lawyers on payroll but wrong is wrong especially when a lot of expense is involved. I know I can sue for repairs but does it look like I stand a good chance of winning plus expenses of rental cars and court fees?
My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of:


Service Providers: Oil Change Gone Bad

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire