jeudi 31 mars 2016

Police Conduct: Police Dating Employment Cadidates

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Washington.

Hello, I am a young man with a clean criminal record and a good work record. I have the desire to serve my country and prevent evil people from hurting good citizens, which is why I applied for a Law Enforcement job. Long story short, I made it all the way through an employment process that hires less than 1% or so of candidates, only to be permanently disqualified just a week before Academy. I had already received my pre-conditional offer of employment.

I had been waiting to hear back from them a week, until a girl contacted me on a dating site, which I have never been contacted on before, nor since. She turned out to be the daughter of a top ranking Officer. The next day, I received the call I had been permanently disqualified.

I dated her for a month or so, thinking it may have been coincidence. It proved to be far from the case. She tried manipulating me by saying she might get me on the backdoor way onto the agency through her dad. Told me she should have him pull my file, which I said no to because it would be unethical. She hinted at having access to my candidate profile and psych test. She admitted to Psychoanalyzing me, told me she was extremely manipulative, and finally, a week before I dumped her, she told me she was a Psychopath. She even had the gall to tell me she thought she was going to Hell for what she did to me. This made me think she got me disqualified. Everything with her seemed to be an elaborate game, where she even pretended to be a detective.

I had a female friend who lived in the same area as her. All of her family is in law enforcement. There is a remote chance she set me up, but she didn't know all that much about me, let alone what dating site I would be on. I know I specifically I had met the girl's father on a police ride-a-long a month before her, so there is some connection. When I mentioned that to him when I met him at their house he shrugged it off, but his wife said with a knowing smile, "that's weird, isn't it?"

After I broke up with her she kept calling me for a few months, leaving a voicemail stating she wanted to ask me a question. They finally stopped. I called the recruiter and explained to him what happened. He recognized the name of the girl, and thought it was a weird coincidence. He told she was not employed by the police organization. He called me back and told me, even though they don't normally give a reason, that I had been psychologically disqualified (which you probably are thinking makes sense right now after what I just wrote). It seemed to be a convenient thing to tell me in order to avoid admitting conflict of interest.

Essentially my reason for sharing this story is because I want to know the legality of what happened. Is this something the FBI could/would investigate? I called a couple of private investigators, and they said there is nothing they can do to get to the bottom of this. If they called the Police they would just get a canned response and would never know if it was the truth.

I feel my privacy was invaded and that my employment prospects were permanently damage in the Law Enforcement field. Is there advice on how to protect yourself from these kinds of situations?

Luckily this was only a brief incident, and I was able to get my life back on track fairly quickly. I would like to understand what happened so I can learn and grow moving forward, Thank you in advance for your assistance.


Police Conduct: Police Dating Employment Cadidates

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire