lundi 28 mars 2016

Disputing Debts: Attempted Debt Collections on Debt That is Not Mine

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: North Carolina

The debt collection agency and business in question both reside in the state of California. I had a debt collector attempt contact with me about a debt I apparently owed. The debt was a little over a $1000 and it was for breach of contract and mispayment for wireless services. Now, I had a phone through this company, but paid each and every month, and was pleased with the service until they raised prices. I even referred my Father, who got three phones and lines through the company.

It turns out however, the company without my consent put my Father on my account! They never sent me any bills, and I didn't receive contact about the debt until the collections company came calling. I disputed the debt through the collections company, and they sent me previous bills and call logs. They had my name at the top, with the ATTN: line to my father and his address! I haven't lived at my Father's address in over 5 years. The collection ended up on my Experian credit report with no luck to me disputing their bill. I tried calling the wireless provider and was even told my account had no balance, but and they would "get back to me." They never did. My Father did admit that he never paid his bill with them, because of an upgrade dispute, but I don't feel like I should be the one to have to suffer the consequences!

I know I have some sort of legal action here, but I'm unsure of what I should do. I'm on the fence about getting an attorney because I can't afford to pay thousands of dollars for one nor do I want to throw a lot of money at this. I was thinking about a small claims case against them, as I know they have zero proof and I even have the original contract and my monthly payments to them (my account was even set up for autopay!).

Thanks in advance for your time.


Disputing Debts: Attempted Debt Collections on Debt That is Not Mine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire