jeudi 31 mars 2016

Other Violations: Declaration of Non-Responsibility and Naming My Spouse

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington (Lynnwood)

I have received a red light camera ticket, and I was not driving, but my spouse was. Looking at the Revised Code of Washington, RCW 5.60.060 says that:

(1) A spouse or domestic partner shall not be examined for or against his or her spouse or domestic partner, without the consent of the spouse or domestic partner; nor can either during marriage or during the domestic partnership or afterward, be without the consent of the other, examined as to any communication made by one to the other during the marriage or the domestic partnership. ... (there are exceptions, like spousal abuse and child abuse, but they don't apply here)

Since the declaration of non-responsibility is a court document,
Do I have to put my spouse's name and address on the Declaration of Non-Responsibility? If I do not, do I cite that RCW as my "out"?

I'm not trying to be cute or evasive, but I also don't want to throw my spouse under the bus, plus I wasn't driving. Plus, if they were to get the ticket, do they have to admit it (5th Amendment stuff)?

Thank you


Other Violations: Declaration of Non-Responsibility and Naming My Spouse

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire