lundi 28 mars 2016

Legal Malpractice: Can I Take Action Against My (Deceased) Mother's Divorce Lawyer

My question involves malpractice in the state of: NY

My mother passed recently. As next-of-kin, I have been sorting and reading her documents, and found some folders related to her and my father's divorce. Now I believe this was a messy divorce. She had been sick before and during the divorce she was being diagnosed with heart failure. I think what she needed than was a supportive family, instead we broke apart and she got a lot more stress. The lawyer charged a lot of money for his services and like $10k-$20k per session, although the first one was $2k. I haven't read everything so I am not sure what the settlement but googling the guy's name it seems others have complained about him before.

Do you think there are any damages here? I believe the divorce had a negative impact on my mother's health, and threw the rest of the family into depression. I understand a divorce lawyer's job is to get a divorce, but I am surprised they can just break up families as long as there is money to be made.


Legal Malpractice: Can I Take Action Against My (Deceased) Mother's Divorce Lawyer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire