jeudi 31 mars 2016

Determination of Fault: Accident Between a Motorcycle and a Car

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California

I was involved in a motorcycle accident. I was not lane splitting and riding in the number 1 lane, traffic began to come to a stop ahead so I began to slow down. There was a truck in the number 2 lane that was tailgating the vehicle in front of it and when traffic began to slow the truck quickly swerved into my lane (number 1) with no indication of lane change and the tail end of the truck struck the right side of my bike. I was able to keep my bike upright but the force of the truck hitting knocked me almost into the guardrail. I drove on the left shoulder of the freeway to signal to the driver to pull over and she did not. I then pulled over to the side of the road and called the police. There was minor damage to my bike. Its a good thing i wear a gopro and catch everything on film when i ride (past experience) so the whole thing is on video. When the CHP officer arrived (also a motorcycle) he indicated to me that there wasn't anything he could do because the damage to my bike wasn't enough and apparently the lady "called in" and reported hitting a motorcycle. He was no help at all and pretty much said i was at fault for the accident, almost insinuating that i was lane splitting at the time of the accident. He wouldn't write a report nor would he even look at the video i had of the lady clearly driving dangerously. Is there anything I can really do at this point? Its only a matter of time before that lady hits someone else on a bike because she is clearly unaware of her surroundings. The officer also noted that he gets cut off all the time but the good part about being a cop is he can write tickets every time it happens to him, so i don't know if he's just a dick or a complaint can be filed because he was of no help what so ever.


Determination of Fault: Accident Between a Motorcycle and a Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire