mardi 29 mars 2016

Unemployment Benefits: If I Accept Severance Package, Will I Still Be Eligible for UI

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Missouri

I have a dilemma and have to make a serious decision soon. Upon the completion of a workplace investigation, I was given the option of returning to work under a final warning or accepting a monetary offer. If I return to work, it is clear that my life would be hell. One attorney I spoke to briefly said to go back and document everything and another said to seriously consider the offer and thought it was decent. He said I could counter, but there's no guarantees, etc. Both acknowledged that I could pursue legal action at a cost and agreed I had a pretty good case.

My question is, if I accept the offer (12 weeks of pay paid in bi-weekly payments) can I still be eligible for unemployment insurance? Or, would the fact I didn't go back to my job disqualify me? I can't see myself returning under the harsh conditions there. I heard my boss is telling people I have been really sick. It would be great if I had a job and that pay was extra money, but the truth is finding a job isn't that easy, especially when I have to tell prospective employers I am out of work. Why would I leave my job before having another one?

I am very confused at this point. I have three kids to support and am concerned for my livelihood and future. :(

Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated. TIA


Unemployment Benefits: If I Accept Severance Package, Will I Still Be Eligible for UI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire