mercredi 30 mars 2016

Towing: Wrongfully Towed in Florida Do I Have a Case

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

I live in a condominium with two gates for entrances, I know at the one access point a tow sign is posted but am not sure about the other, I went to purchase a vehicle on a certain day so I moved the current car to a guest parking spot in a parking division over from mine as mine was entirely full with no parking available when I pulled in. I removed the plate and tag off the current car that was in the guest spot so I could drive the car I had planned on purchasing privately back home with a plate. My car in the guest spot was towed with no notice given to me, I had not checked on it being there as I had no idea it would've been towed and I had registered and began driving my new vehicle. 6 days later I went to go move the vehicle from the guest spot and found that it had been towed. I contacted the tow company and went to the location, they billed me $115 for the hooking, $40 for the jacking, $5 per mile, and $25 for each day, as well as a fee for sending out a notification letter of $75 3 days after the tow, which was never received. I ended up paying $367 to repossess my car. When I went to go pay the only method they said were accepted was cash and debit card, no visa or credit. I received no warning or notice of the tow either. There are 4 sub divisions for parking along a strip, the first lot has a sign posted, the second which I had parked in a guest spot has no sign, the third has no sign and the fourth has a sign. The two signs are several hundred feet apart. I am in hillsborough county, do I have a case here? If any other details may be pertinent please ask and I will reply to the best of my knowledge.


Towing: Wrongfully Towed in Florida Do I Have a Case

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire