mercredi 30 mars 2016

Court Proceedings: Child Support Dissmisal

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Kansas and Georgia

Me and my ex wife got divorced in 06, because she was cheating. She filled for Child support in 07 I filed for a paternity test, I took mine, and she failed to appear twice for testing. The GA Child support closed the case for non-cooperation. The court order Her to take a paternity test within 30 day's, she did not. The court dissmised the case without prejudice.

She filled for Child support in Kansas, and the GA Child support sent the paperwork show the Case was closed And the reason, they closed it in Kansas as well in 07. the Case was reviewed in GA in 09 And she didn't show up to Court , and Court dismissed the Case again without prejudice or prosecution.
Now 10 years later I get a letter saying that Kansas Child support is taking my fed tax return. I called Kansas Child support And they tell me the case was reopened because she filled for government assistance in 2013 (which they never notified me of) And now i owe 107k. They told me they can't do anything cuz the system automatically open the Case, And paternity is determined by marriage in Kansas, not a DNA test.

I don't understand how this is possible if there Case was close in both states And it's two Court dismissals ( which civil Court rule 41 should apply, wear it States that a Case that has been dissmised twice can't be reopened or brought up again) . Also how can they do this without notification, they racked up all this money And did tell till they was actually taking it.
Can someone explain this please, thanks


Court Proceedings: Child Support Dissmisal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire