mercredi 30 mars 2016

Modification of Custody: Is My Husband Going to Make Me Lose Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: texas

I have a major legal concern. I am married to a man who has had documented legal issues.

I'll try to keep this simple. I have shared custody of my 10 year old son. I remarried about 6 months ago despite a few issues.

1) my husband (then boyfriend) called a guy who was texting me and threatened him. That guy called 911 for me. Cops showed up at my house. I told cops I was not hurt or scared but that my boyfriend told me if cops showed up that he would say I broke into his house. They arrested him on preventing me from calling 911. Because of me, that case has been dismissed and expunged.

2) my husband got into a verbal
Dispute w my son. My son was being difficult and said he was going to elbow him in the chest. My husband was trying to hug me and pull me away from my son. My son responded "how about I reach into your chest pull your heart out and hand it to you on a platter." It was not said jokingly but it was not serious. My son told my ex and he said he wanted my son forever away from my husband. He got a lawyer and wants to change custody.

3). My husband and I got into a fight and I was trying to leave the house. He was trying to stop me and was yanking on my purse. My hand was in the strap and the tug of war ended with my broken hand. 3 screws and 2 surgeries later. The surgeon called police for possible abuse. Police arrived and questioned. They have not arrested him. My husband swears it was an "accident".

Now my husband is asking for full custody and wants to take me to court. He wants my medical records etc.

My husband says that I am not explaining these circumstances well and I'm not saying what a great guy he is as well. I told him my lawyer didn't want to meet with him. She said she is not taking direction from him. He is livid. He says when people meet him they will know that he's a great witness and he's a great guy. He says my ex is out to ruin him and he wants to SUE him for interfering in our marriage.

He is normally a great guy. We have had a few bad moments. But I do love him. I don't think he would ever physically harm my son or me on purpose.

My question is. What chances do I have of keeping joint custody. My ex wants him completely away from our son. Is that possible???


Modification of Custody: Is My Husband Going to Make Me Lose Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire