jeudi 31 décembre 2015

Adoption of Children: Single Mom Would Like Absent Father's Rights Terminated

My question involves adoption law for the State of: AZ

My daughter's biological father signed over his parental rights and we haven't had any contact with him since she was three months old. I didn't file the paper work because I was advised that courts are reluctant to terminate parental rights until a second father is willing to adopt (with the reasoning that courts will only do what is in the best interest of the child, and having two parents are better than one). As such, I was advised to wait to file until after I had married. It's been 12 years now. When I was given this initial advice years ago I didn't agree with it, but I accepted it. Now after having raised my daughter on my own for so long it seems terribly unjust that I can be fully responsible for raising my daughter and not have that legally recognized and I don't want to have to marry in order to do that. Any advice?


Adoption of Children: Single Mom Would Like Absent Father's Rights Terminated

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire