dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Medical Malpractice: Liability of Critical Care Paramedic

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: Nevada

Hi all,

I have been a paramedic for many years however recently became certified as a critical care transport paramedic. As a CCT-P we will be transporting the sickest patients to the hospital. During my training program many of the instructors stated that we will be transporting patients from ER to ER for specialty services (Neuro, Cardiac, etc). The instructors stated that at times ER's provide inferior care & call for transport to another facility in a quasi attempt to "turf" these highly critical patients. The instructors said that in this event that if a patient is too critical we should not transport them because ''they're too critical for transport'' & we could be liable if something happens to the patient. My opinion is that we are the highest level of care and we should be held liable if we DON'T transport them.

Does my question make sense? If not I can clarify.

Thank you


Medical Malpractice: Liability of Critical Care Paramedic

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire