dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Traffic Accidents: Pedestrian Hit and Run Law

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Oregon

I was driving home late one night and right next to my house on my residential street which I was going about 20 mph on a man came out of nowhere and crossed the street right in front of me. I slammed the brakes and came to a quick stop maybe a foot away from the man. He had his hands extended and he placed his palm on my hood after I came to a stop. He yelled out "what is your problem"! And then started walking away the same way he was going. This was late at night in a very unpleasant neighborhood with a angry man that is about three times my size. I then continued down the street to my house, like a 20 second drive farther. After about 10 minutes 4 police men were at my door saying I fled the scene of a accident where I knocked a man over. I told him that he must have been mistaken but he said that his hand mark was on my hood (it was a cold winter night and there was dew on all the cars) and that I was lying. The officer was also incredibly rude, accused me of a cover up and was accusing me of drinking and trying to cover it up because I had chewing gum in my mouth. He said the man wants medical attention (he was sitting on the back of the squad car the whole time) and asked me for my insurance card. What can I do in a situation like this and what affect will it have on my insurance? I do not have a single ticket nor accident on my record.


Traffic Accidents: Pedestrian Hit and Run Law

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire