mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Medical Malpractice: Post Surgery Rupture of Partial Nephrectomy

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: Philadelphia

In February 2015, I had a partial right laprascopic nephrectomy to remove a tumor which turned out to be benign. About two weeks later, I woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache, which quickly progressed to excruciating abdominal pain and trip to the local e.r. After they did some CT scans it was determined that my kidney had reopened and I was bleeding internally, a lot. This resulted in a trip back to the original hospital where the surgery was performed where I had to stay another three days. The doctor almost seemed to feel responsible, or at the very least, did not imply that this was my fault. This set my recovery and return to work back another month, but worse, left me with many thousands of dollars in medical bills, even after accounting for what my insurance paid. I don't have any explanation for this happening, could it be something the surgeons did wrong or inadequately? I'm 25, male, otherwise healthy. I live in NJ but the surgery was performed in Philadelphia, the E.R visit was here in NJ. Any insight as to whether this may qualify as medical malpractice would be appreciated. Thank you


Medical Malpractice: Post Surgery Rupture of Partial Nephrectomy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire