mardi 29 décembre 2015

Roommates: Boyfriend May Be Skipping Out on Lease

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: NORTH CAROLINA

my boyfriend and I have lived together for a couple of years now. We moved into a new house in November despite things being rocky and family/friends advising me against it. He has a history of violence but is incredibly intelligent and manipulative and has had multiple people arrested.

Both of our names are on the lease and we split the rent 50/50. It's a $1,750 a month house.

We fight almost everyday and twice now he was rented a U-Haul, packed up 100% of his belongings and driven the truck around town until he calmed down and came back. However he is becoming increasingly verbally and mentally abusive. He films me almost all day with his phone. He picks at me, won't leave me alone in peace, demands I do chores and follows me around the house filming me doing so. He has tons of videos uploaded to the cloud. he constantly goes through my phone, computer, laptop. He has harassed my male friends via social media to the point they do not speak to me anymore. Most of my girlfriends do not talk to me anymore either b/c they know how crazy he is.

The other day he found my anti-depressants while I was watching a movie in my room. I can no longer lock doors because he has a tool he uses to gain access to any room I lock myself in. He shook the pill bottle in my face and taunted me, saying how crazy I was and telling me how much weight I've gained and how trashy my family is........all while filming me. He does this "head-butt nudging" where he uses the top of his head to try to pin me to the couch. I finally slapped him in the face to get him off of me. As soon as I did, he said "GOTCHA ON FILM" and ran out.

He has, on several occasions, pinned me to the ground and held my mouth and nose to where I could breathe. He slammed on breaks so hard once so that my head hit the dash. He has also slammed my head into a window and a hook on the wall . Unfortunately I do not have anything on film and he claims that I "have no proof" and he will tell the courts that I am "crazy and making stuff up"

I want to leave the relationship but he is threatening that he will press assault charges on me because he has the face-slap on film. He also says he will sue me if I leave.

But today before I left for work he was packing up his things....again.....claiming he's moving out and has signed another lease.

I cannot afford the house by myself so living alone is not an option.

I have three questions:

1. is there ANYTHING I can do to possibly break the lease?

2. If he moves out, can I sue him for back rent?

3. Are there any laws about unwillingly being recorded at all times in my own home? (SOmetimes he sets up cameras around the house )


Roommates: Boyfriend May Be Skipping Out on Lease

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire