mardi 29 décembre 2015

Rent and Utilities: Landlord Trying to Force Tenant to Pay Utility Bill the Landlord is Responsible for

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California
I have lived in my Apartment in West Hollywood for 15 years. My current lease that clearly states that the landlord pays the Water /Trash / sewer bill.
I signed a new lease Nov 1, and they tacked a renewal notice to my door in September letting me know how much my new lease will be should I renew for a year, and to "please be advised, if I have not been paying a NWP Water /Trash /Sewer bill before,I will have to pay it now."
I did not agree to this, nor does it state anywhere in my lease that I now have to pay this charge.
As of December 1, they have been telling me I owe for this bill, and I am to pay this amount to The Jessica Apts, not NWP.
The amount keeps changing, one week it was $47.75. The next a notice in my mailbox said I owe $45.58.
To the best of my knowledge a taped notice on a tenants door cannot override or nullify a written, signed contract.
I have lived here 15 years and never had to pay this amount. Can they force me to pay this amount when my lease clearly states that they are responsible for this charge?
Can they evict me if I dont pay this charge? How can I fight this?
Any advice would be appreciated.


Rent and Utilities: Landlord Trying to Force Tenant to Pay Utility Bill the Landlord is Responsible for

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire