dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Breaking a Lease: Convincing Argument to Sign Roommate Release Agreement

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Louisiana

I'm moving out of a toxic environment between my roommate and I. She technically violated our lease when her boyfriend began living there for the past 6 months without paying us anything. She claimed that he was her guest despite the fact that he would occupy our home while we weren't there, did his laundry there, and slept there all the time. She would also hide kitchen ware that we had agreed to share prior to moving in from me and does not clean up after herself. I found a tenant who would take my spot that she is okay with however, in order to be released we have to both sign a release form.

She refuses to sign it because she is uncomfortable with the fact that it states that she would be 100% responsible for the lease. I, and the company that our rent is paid through, assured her that once she signs the new lease, then it would be split 50/50 with the new tenant again. But, in order to obtain the new lease, she has to release me first. I don't think she understands that concept at all (this is also a girl who sent cash in the mail for one of our bills and wondered why our bill doubled and wasn't paid...). I already moved out completely and everything is in place except she won't release me. What can I do to convince her to sign (if I can)?


Breaking a Lease: Convincing Argument to Sign Roommate Release Agreement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire