mardi 29 décembre 2015

Private Sales: Got Scammed Buying My Car

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

Hello ExpertLaw, I recently(September 2015) "bought" a 2015 Honda Accord EX from a guy on craigslist. I met him at his work place to check out the car and checked out the car in the parking lot. He told me that he had to sell his car because he had a DUI and the insurance was too high for him to pay for. He then told me that the car was still on lien and that if I pay him now he would pay the rest within a month and will transfer the title to me. We signed a makeshift contract stating that he received the cash from me and will transfer the title to my name. We also have a bill of sale and all the documents needed for a paperless title transfer. He extended the pay off date to just before Christmas. Just before Christmas, I texted him how things were with the loan and got no reply. I did not think about it much from him not replying because it was the holidays and he might have been spending it with his family. After Christmas, I tried calling him and found out the number no longer works. I also went to his work place and found out he no longer works there. I have no way of contacting him now. What can I do to get back my money? I feel like the car will be repo'd anytime now. Any advice would be great. Thanks.


Private Sales: Got Scammed Buying My Car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire