lundi 28 décembre 2015

Garnishment and Execution: Tenant Served With a Garnishment Order Against Their Landlord

My question involves judgment recovery in the State of: Nebraska


My wife and I received certified letters recently stating our landlord is a Judgement Debtor. It says the judgement debtor is indebted to the judgement creditor for approx. $3000.

I am just the tenant paying rent.

It seems to say I need to answer these "interrogatories" questions which read like I am my landlord's employer and I would need to hold back some wages.

What should I do with this? I understand garnishments a bit and it would seem like the creditor somehow knows I am paying the landlord rent and they want their money out of that but what I am really unsure about is if I need to hold back rent to the landlord? The paperwork seems to say as much, something about "you are obligated to hold the property and credits of every description of the judgement debtor (the landlord) now in your possession or under you (my) control until further notice..."

So what should I do? It's obvious I need to answer their questions but if I don't pay the landlord, can I be evicted?


Garnishment and Execution: Tenant Served With a Garnishment Order Against Their Landlord

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire