mardi 29 décembre 2015

Wills: Revising a Will in Pa

My question involves estate planning in the state of: PA

Hello. I am the executor for my father's estate. He currently has a will that was created in 2012, listing me (and the lawyer) as co-executors. I can provide details of the will if they are necessary to answer my questions.

My father has since had a falling out with this particular lawyer and he no longer wishes to have him as a co-executor. Additionally, my father would like some of the provisions of the will changed - mainly pertaining to charitable giving.

Are we able to simple make an appointment with a different lawyer and have a new will drafted? Would this automatically void this existing will or do we have to formally call that original lawyer and tell him we no longer want that will to be effective?

Thank you.


Wills: Revising a Will in Pa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire