lundi 28 décembre 2015

Transfer of Title: New Travel Trailer Title - Michigan Dealer to Ohio Resident

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan/Ohio

I am an Ohio resident who bought a brand new travel trailer in Michigan on 11/20/2015. I paid with a check (from my credit union) and cash. I signed a RD-108 form at the dealership which I believe is a request for a new title issued in my name. This is supposed to be sent to the Michigan Secretary of State, and according to Michigan MCL 257.217, the dealer has 15 days from delivery to submit paperwork with the SOS. I called the SOS and they have no record or paperwork for the vehicle at all. I've tried calling, emailing, etc. but I cannot reach anyone at the dealership: they are on "Christmas Shutdown" from 12/18/2015 thru 1/11/2016. I have a copy of the RD-108 and a copy of the Certificate of Origin, but I either need the original Certificate of Origin or an original Title (created from the RD-108 I believe?) in order to get an Ohio Title.

I need the Ohio Title because: a) my credit union is breathing down my neck to supply them with the title, and b) I cannot get plates for my trailer until I have an Ohio title in my name.

Any ideas on how to go about trying to obtain this info? I've contacted the manufacturer, but all they could give me was a copy of the Certificate of Origin. I've tried the Michigan SOS, but they haven't been very helpful the few times I have actually been able to talk with someone. The Ohio BMV is unable to help me as this was a transaction in Michigan and they would need either the original title or original certificate of origin.

Thanks!


Transfer of Title: New Travel Trailer Title - Michigan Dealer to Ohio Resident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire