samedi 26 décembre 2015

Custody and Visitation Issues: Grandparents Rights - Child Born to Single Mom

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio

My sons ex girlfriend just established paternity (child is 4.5 years old now). They are going to court soon regarding child support. Will the courts hear my sons requests for visitation, and mine as a grandparent, or is that supposed to be a whole separate hearing (or two additional hearings -mine and my sons)?

How do I petition the common pleas courts to allow me visitation? I do NOT have attorney money but I can't NOT TRY to be part of this young boys life. They just spent the past 6 mths living in my home so we have somewhat of a relationship at this point. His mom had him believing somebody else was his dad so he is just now adjusting to knowing we are his family. He's 4.5 and it's all so new to him.. he's a little resistant to the matter, and we have NOT been pushy. He functions well around us and now refers to my son as his 'real dad' not his fake dad (as he says). It's too much at this point to expect him to understand I am his grandma. We haven't said that more than once but we get along fine. I meet all of the criteria in ORC Section 3109.12 (no criminal record, not harmful to child, physical and mental health is ok, live close to them, etc).

Thanks.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Grandparents Rights - Child Born to Single Mom

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire