lundi 28 décembre 2015

Parties: Unable to Pay

My question involves court procedures for the state of: California

Hi there!

I'm being sued for an auto accident (a 5 car accident, in which I was the 4th car to be involved). I did have insurance, and despite the minor damages to the other vehicle, the person is claiming damages in total of $15,000, which my auto policy does not all cover (due to it being a multi-car accident, part of the coverage is going to other vehicles).

My question is, should I inform the party that I will be unable to pay in an attempt to get the suit dropped? I work part time (24hrs/week) and make minimum wage ($9/hr), so it is my understanding that my wages cannot be garnished due to wages being too low. Furthermore I have no property of value, except my vehicle (bought for $600), and may very well decide to file for bankruptcy should the lawsuit succeed (due to other debts, not just this possible one).

Should I inform the other party of this in an attempt to get them to drop the suit? Or will informing them of this somehow open me up to other legal matters?


Parties: Unable to Pay

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire