mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Parking Violations: A Police Officer Gave My Dad a Ticket and Threaten to Arrest Him for No Solid Reason

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: I was being picked up from the airport by my parents. My mom came in to greet me while my dad waited outside next to the car. An officer asked if his passenger was here yet and my dad said "Yes, she's right there." as I walked out so the officer said "alright that fine just pull your car up a bit" and he did. So after we told my mom to stay outside next to the car while my dad went to go pick up my luggage.
As we were walking in he said something to us that we did not hear quite well. He had to have been at lease 20 feet away in a busy parking garage. I assumed he'd said something like don't pass with cars around or something so my dad and I yelled back okay and went on it. Later we come out to see this police officer handing my mom a ticket. My dad started asking him why he was giving us a ticket, saying he didn't know why he was getting a ticket. Another officer told us it was okay for us to park there. But this officer was like a clam and he was straight up rude, he didn't say anything. At some point he said something about telling us to move but he said it in probably two words. We didn't remember hearing anything like that. I concluded that it was probably when he yelled something to us from that distance. And when he told my mom to move it I was walking out at that moment. It is okay to park in that area if you are picking up a passenger. But not only did he give us a ticket that not even for a solid reason he gave us a wrong ticket. The ticket says "Unattended vehicle" At no point was out car unattended. You could look in the CCTV and see that for a fact! Also after he rudely gave us our ticket, my dad followed him to ask why because he still hadn't given us any legit answer.
That is also when the police officer stated " Sir, you better leave or else i'm going to arrest you for disturbing the peace". Now correct me if i'm wrong but the definition of disturbing the peace law is that a person is doing something threatening. My dad was doing none of that. He wasn't even close. He was asking why he was getting a ticket because the police officer just completely ignored us. He never yelled, threatened, or bothered anyone else except the police officer to ask why.
If not only that, but he didn't give any other car around us a ticket. There were many cars in front and all behind us in the same spot doing the same thing but he only gave us a ticket.
I'm not looking to get back my money or whatever but what makes me angry is that there are people like this "protecting" us. He was rude, did not treat us fairly, gave us a "Unattended Vehicle" ticket when it was never unattended and he said something about not being able to park there, not this unattended vehicle hes trying to give us (I mean at least give us the right ticket). Then threatened to arrest my dad on no solid ground for wanting to know why he was getting a ticket like anyone else would. I just want for people like this, people who seem to only do their job to get money instead of knowing the law to protect the innocent to learn that's not okay. I don't want him to be fired but if he's not gonna take time to learn the law a give people the right punishment and threaten people for the right reason, then he doesn't deserve that job. Is there any way I could argue against this police officer? Sorry about this lengthy post, I just feel very strongly about this. Any additional questions I'd be happy to answer with open honesty because i'm not looking to get rid of this ticket, i'm just looking to make sure i'm not being wronged for no reason.


Parking Violations: A Police Officer Gave My Dad a Ticket and Threaten to Arrest Him for No Solid Reason

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire