samedi 26 décembre 2015

Licensing: Intellectual Property

I think it's a licencing question, but I got a couple. For the following examples, I'll refer to my intellectual ideas I have questions about as intellectual properties that I do NOT own.

1.) Say I write a brand new series of Superman comics with a friend who draws it, we get into a fight and agree to split up. Who gets the rights? Me the creator or ex-partner who drew it?

2.) If I own all rights to X-men and get Marvel to publish it, if there's a falling out, who get's the X-Men rights?

3.) If I write a Power Rangers fan fiction and post it on FanFiction.org, could Saban use any of my original characters? Can they sue me if I put disclaimers "I do not own Power Rangers, X Y Z own and have rights to the Power Ranger Franchise."? Can Saban use one of my original characters in a show THEN sue me saying "intellectual theft" or something?

4.) If I write an original story and post it online, can I fight someone on who tries to copyright the story and/or characters? Or would it fall under the Roswald Rabbit thing that happened to Walt Disney?


Licensing: Intellectual Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire