mardi 29 décembre 2015

Runaways: How Can I Leave

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Florida

I am 16, turning 17 soon. I am in college full time, dually enrolled in a technical college doing welding. I have a job of my own, and am looking for another part time job. I have my own truck that I have paid for in full. I pay for gas and repairs. I also pay for my own clothes.

I am miserable living with my mother and my severely disabled sister. My best friend notices it as well. She is 19 and has an apartment as her own. She keeps asking me if I will stay with her until I can get on my feet. I want nothing more than to do so, but my mother says that she will report me as a runaway. I want to get emancipated but I heard from people that it is REALLY hard and I don't have money for a lawyer or attorney. My mother says that I could be sent to juvi if I have to see a judge about being a runaway. I'm not sure if this is true or not because my mother always lies about stuff.

Could I legally move in with my best friend? I read that if my mother pressed charges she could be charged with harboring a runaway. How does that work? And is there a way around that? What will happen if I'm reported as a runaway?


Runaways: How Can I Leave

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire