lundi 28 décembre 2015

Collection Lawsuits: Acquired Debt in One State, Moved to Another and Defaulted, then Back. S.o.l

I had a considerable balance on one of my credit cards that I opened from my home state in Texas. I moved to Nevada and took a job across the border into CA for a couple of years before I lost my job and defaulted. I moved back to Texas to get my feet under me at my parents house, but didn't change my drivers license until about 6 months ago.


My questions are:


What state will my SOL apply to?
Does it matter that my balance was acquired in Texas, even though my address at time of default was in NV?
For the sake of not giving too many personal details, let's assume my debt was over $12,000 on this card. What are my odds of being sued in Texas?


Many thanks to anyone would can shed light on this.


Collection Lawsuits: Acquired Debt in One State, Moved to Another and Defaulted, then Back. S.o.l

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire